In an Affiliation, the organization is not managed or controlled by Covenant Health. However, Affiliates are able to participate in specific services offered by Covenant Health, including policy development, education, shared information and preferred provider relationships. An Affiliation with Covenant Health is governed by the contents of an “Affiliation Agreement.” Affiliations are generally three years in duration. This agreement stipulates the rights and responsibilities of each party.
- Affiliates must participate in Covenant Health’s Organizational Integrity, or Corporate Compliance, Program
- Affiliates will invite representatives of Covenant Health to attend a minimum of one board meeting per year.
- Educational programs offered by Covenant Health (trustee, management, leadership development, ethics, etc.)
- Participation in committees/task force activities/initiatives (Employee Experience, pain management, quality indicators, operations, best practices, etc.)
- Participation in planning/governance retreats for trustees and senior management
- Access to Covenant Health staff for technical advice
- Access to Yankee Alliance, Covenant Health’s group purchasing organization
- Preferential pricing for consulting services available through Covenant Health, for services such as strategic planning, wage surveys, etc.
- Access to preferred provider relationships, for utility services, negotiated by Covenant Health on behalf of related organizations
- An annual pre-survey for licensure, accreditation and certification